Staging homes can be a great way to sell your house fast and for considerably more money. A lot of homeowners would undoubtedly love that, right? That is because having your house sit at the real estate marketplace for a long time can put a great strain on you. Ask any homeowner who is wondering right now why their houses are not getting any viewings, or are not getting any good offers despite being up for sale for months, and you’ll get an idea on how it feels.
But don’t worry. You don’t have to go through all these troubles. Especially if you are planning to stage your house before putting it up for sale.
Here’s something for you to consider. Do you know that most buyers usually make up their mind whether they are going to buy your house or not within 15 seconds of walking up your front door?sell your house now And there are those who instantly make their minds up before they even get out of their cars. It’s simply amazing when this happens. And this can happen to you!
This only proves that first impressions work magic in closing a sale. So, why not make it work for you, too? Home staging experts agree that creating a strong curb appeal can send your visitors scurrying for their checkbooks even before they set foot on your front door!
And the good news is you can easily do it yourself. Here’s how:
- Declutter. Eliminate all clutter and unnecessary items such as garden implements and tools, and trim overgrown bushes. Let the buyer see the property’s full potentials.
- Clean up. Mow the lawn. Rake and dispose of the leaves. Eliminate molds and mildew on the sidewalks, as well as oil spills in the driveway. If necessary, pressure-wash the sidings and decks.
- Apply a fresh coat of paint. If your budget allows it, why not? Oftentimes, a fresh coat of paint is all you need to make your house look more appealing to buyers. However, be wary of strong colors – some people may not like it. Remember, you want your house to appeal to the most number of people, right?
- Landscape it. Have you ever considered adding fresh sod or some live plants and other interesting focal points in your home’s exterior? Well, you should, if your budget allows it, of course. However, adding elements to your home’s exterior can just be as effective as removing something from it. A good example is taking out trees or shrubs that may be overshadowing some attractive features of the house. Try these and be amazed with the transformation!
- Dress up your front door. Your front door is your curb’s appeal focal point so make the most out of it! You can have a new custom-made door installed, repaint the one you have, or flank your existing front door with molding. Clean and polish your door fixtures, or install coordinated light fixtures and accents. The possibilities are endless!
Staging homes to create an excellent and irresistible curb appeal can help you sell your house fast and at a much better value. Start implementing these tips now and be amazed with the results!